- 30 min.
- 25 min.
- 8 servings
Alabama Country Supper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork sausage patties
- 6 cups peeled, sliced Golden Delicious apples
- 6 cups peeled, sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Cook sausage patties in 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium heat until thoroughly cooked, turning once. Remove from skillet. Drain on paper towels; discard drippings.
- COMBINE apples, cherries, sugar and 1/4 cup butter in same skillet; cook over medium heat until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Add cooked sausage to mixture in skillet, tucking patties under apples.
- COMBINE all topping ingredients in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Pour evenly over sausage mixture.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 660mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 42g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.