- 15 min.
- 25 min.
- 8 servings
Apple Upside-Down Skillet Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups peeled, sliced Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Melt 1/4 cup butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in apples; cook about 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar. Set aside.
- COMBINE flour and sugar in medium bowl; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, vanilla and egg; blend until smooth. Pour batter over apples in skillet; spread batter evenly to edges.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Invert coffee cake onto serving platter. Serve warm or cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of cake), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.