- 10 min.
- 25 min.
- 6 servings
Baked Candied Sweet Potato Pancake
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise into rounds
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Cinnamon Sugar Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Maple syrup and/or whipped cream, if desired
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Melt butter and brown sugar in 9-inch skillet with oven-safe handle over medium-low heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with pecans. Arrange sweet potato slices over pecans, overlapping slices slightly.
- STIR together muffin mix, egg, milk and oil until well blended. Pour evenly over potato slices.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully invert pancake onto serving platter. Serve warm with maple syrup and/or whipped cream, if desired.
- Canned sweet potatoes may be used in this recipe.
- Martha White Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix may be substituted for Martha White Cinnamon Sugar Muffin Mix.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 38g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.