- 10 min.
- 10 min.
Bananas Foster Waffles with Ginger Whipped Cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (7.6 oz.) package Martha White® Banana Nut Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped with 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger
- MELT 4 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet on medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Stir in bananas. Heat 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- STIR together muffin mix, buttermilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, egg and 1 tablespoon melted butter in medium bowl just until blended.
- COAT waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray and heat to medium temperature. Spoon or ladle batter onto waffle iron. Cook 3 to 4 minutes according to manufacturer's directions, or until golden brown. Use fork and spatula to remove.
- COMBINE whipped cream and ginger in small bowl. Spoon cooked bananas over waffles and top with dollop of whipped cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 660 (Calories from Fat 330), Total Fat 37g (Saturated Fat 19g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 77g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 50g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.