- 20 min.
- 40 min.
- 6 servings
Belgian Pecan Waffles with Cinnamon Apples and Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely ground toasted pecans, see tip*
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped with 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- Melt butter in large skillet. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, water and apples; stir gently. Simmer about 10 minutes or until apples are tender and liquid has thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in cinnamon
- Heat waffle iron. Combine flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in large bowl. Combine eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in medium bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown.
- Place waffles on plate. Top with apples and whipped cream.
- * To toast pecans, preheat oven to 300º F. Spread pecans evenly in baking pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often until lightly browned. Cool completely. OR to cook on top of the range, place pecans in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often until lightly browned. Pecans may be ground in a food processor. Do not process too long or oil will begin to separate. You may also use finely chopped pecans.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 900 (Calories from Fat 540), Total Fat 61g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 740mg, Total Carbohydrate 81g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 38g), Protein 12g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 30%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.