- 20 min.
- 20 min.
- 8 servings
BLT Cornbread Salad
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray; place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- BEAT egg in medium bowl. Add all remaining cornbread ingredients; mix well. Pour into prepared hot skillet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes while making salad.
- COOK bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- COMBINE cooked bacon, tomatoes, onion and parsley in large bowl. Add mayonnaise and pepper; mix to coat. Cut cornbread into 1/2-inch pieces. Add cornbread to salad; toss gently to mix. Cover tightly; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve over lettuce, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.