- 10 min.
- 20 min.
- 4 servings (2 slices each)
Blueberry French Toast with Fresh Blueberry Sauce
|Yield||4 servings (2 slices each)|
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Blueberry Flavored Muffin Mix
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cups milk
- 6 to 8 slices French bread, 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
- HEAT oven to 200º F. Toss blueberries with cornstarch in medium sauceban. Stir in sugar, orange juice and water. Place over medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Reduce to low heat and keep warm.
- PLACE muffin mix in shallow bowl or pie plate. Stir in eggs and enough milk to make a thin batter. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip bread into batter. Turn to coat other side. Place in skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and brown other side. Place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining bread, using butter as needed. Serve topped with blueberry sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 640 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 185mg, Sodium 880mg, Total Carbohydrate 102g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 40g), Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.