- 20 min.
- 27 min.
- 12 biscuits
Cajun Cracklin' Biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cracklin's, plus 2 tbsps., divided
- OR 1/3 cup crisp cooked crumbled bacon, plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Cut 1/3 cup butter into flour in large mixing bowl until pieces are about the size of small peas. Stir in 1/2 cup cracklin's. With fork, stir in enough buttermilk to just form soft dough.
- TURN dough out onto floured surface; knead gently just until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch cutter. Place in prepared skillet. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cracklin's. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.