- 25 min.
- 35 min.
- 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Buttermilk Corn Meal Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 8-inch square baking dish or shallow 2-quart casserole with no-stick cooking spray.
- BROWN ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, corn and water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- BEAT egg in small bowl. Stir in corn meal mix, milk and oil until well blended. Stir in cheese. Pour over ground beef mixture in baking dish.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 1630mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 12g), Protein 24g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 10%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.