- 30 min.
- 1 hr. 10 min.
- 12 servings
Chesapeake Bay Cornbread Dressing
|Cook||1 hr. 10 min.|
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- OR 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen crabmeat, thawed and flaked
- 4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray 9 or 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- BEAT egg in large bowl. Add milk and oil; blend well. Add corn meal mix; mix well. Pour into hot skillet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Crumble cornbread to make 6 cups. Set aside.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 375°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with no-stick cooking spray. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, celery and bell peppers; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add mustard and lemon peel; mix well.
- COMBINE vegetables, crumbled cornbread and all remaining dressing ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 870mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.