- 20 min.
- 20 min.
- 6 servings
Chicken Taco Cornbread Wedges with Ranchero Cilantro Drizzle
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 large egg
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Sweet Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded romaine
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Combine ranch dressing, salsa and 1 cup cilantro leaves in a small food processor or blender. Process until well blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- HEAT olive oil in 10-inch Lodge cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken, 3 tablespoons cilantro, salt, cumin, pepper and tomatoes with green chilies; cook 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Wipe out skillet with paper towel; grease.
- BEAT egg in large bowl. Add cornbread mix and milk; mix well. Place tortilla chips in greased skillet. Pour cornbread mixture over chips. Spoon chicken mixture over cornbread mixture; sprinkle with cheeses.
- BAKE 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Top with romaine and tomatoes; drizzle with dressing.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 1320mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 11g), Protein 26g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.