- 15 min.
- 25 min.
- 6 to 8 servings
Chili Beans and Cornbread Bake
|Yield||6 to 8 servings|
- 2 (16 oz.) cans mild or hot chili beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched Yellow Corn Meal Mix
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, green onion slices, salsa
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Combine chili beans and tomatoes in 10-inch cast iron skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- BEAT egg in small bowl. Add oil, milk, corn meal mix and cheese; stir until well blended. Spoon cornbread batter around edges of filling in skillet.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with your choice of toppings.
- If cast iron skillet is not available, heat beans and tomatoes in any skillet; pour into greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Top with cornbread batter and bake as directed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 1730mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 9g), Protein 16g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.