- 45 min.
- 1 hr.
- 8 servings
Dixie Cobbler with Traditional Pie Crust
- 2 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups peeled and sliced peaches or blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- COMBINE flour and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Cut in 1/3 cup shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Cut in remaining shortening until mixture is consistency of small peas. Sprinkle water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over mixture; stir with fork until mixture leaves sides of bowl.
- SHAPE into 2 balls: one two-thirds of the dough, one one-third of the dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine fruit, 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in large bowl; mix well.
- ROLL out large ball of dough to fit bottom and sides of 8 x 8-inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole. Line bottom and sides of dish with dough. Pour fruit mixture into lined dish. Dot with 6 tablespoons butter.
- ROLL out remaining dough to fit top of dish or, cut into 3/8-inch wide strips. Weave strips of dough to form a lattice top over filling. Seal and flute edge as desired. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.