- 10 min.
- 18 min.
- 12 cupcakes
Easiest Ever Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 (7.4 oz.) packages Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted powered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- For cupcakes: STIR together muffin mix, cocoa powder and white baking chips in large bowl. Whisk together egg, milk, oil, and food coloring in medium bowl. Stir into muffin mixture just until well- blended.
- FILL muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when gently touched on top. Cool 3 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- For frosting: BEAT butter and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium high speed until creamy. Add vanilla and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Pipe or spread frosting on cool cupcakes. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 muffins), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 48g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.