- 15 min.
- 20 min.
- 12 rolls
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.* Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir with fork until mixture leaves sides of bowl and soft dough forms.
- KNEAD dough on lightly floured surface just until smooth. Roll out dough to 14 x 10-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- COMBINE sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well. Brush dough with melted butter; sprinkle evenly with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Beginning with long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Cut into 12 (1-inch) slices; place in prepared pan.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 2 minutes.
- COMBINE all frosting ingredients in small bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls.
- *Rolls can be also be baked in sprayed muffin cups for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 1 roll), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 10mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.