- 5 min.
- 8 min.
- 20 Fritters
Fresh Corn Fritters
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Sweet Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, coarsely chopped
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- BEAT eggs in large bowl. Add sour cream, muffin mix, corn, bacon and ground red pepper. Stir just until blended.
- HEAT 1-inch of oil in deep fat fryer or skillet to 350º F. or until batter sizzles when dropped into oil. Gently drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Turn and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Remove to drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 20 fritters), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.