- 15 min.
- 20 min.
- 8 to 12 servings
Fresh Tomato Tart with Black Pepper Cornbread Crust
|Yield||8 to 12 servings|
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Generously spray 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk together egg, sour cream and milk in large bowl. Whisk in cornbread mix and pepper until smooth. Stir in olive oil just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cornbread will be thin.
- CUT tomatoes into medium-thick slices. Drain on paper towels. Stir together cheeses, mayonnaise, basil and chives until combined.
- SPREAD about half the cheese mixture over cornbread. Arrange tomato slices over cheese in overlapping rows. Salt and pepper to taste. Place spoonfuls of remaining cheese mixture on tomato slices. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Turn on broiler. Broil until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 540mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.