- 15 min.
- 25 min.
- 6 servings
Fried Green Tomatoes with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 green tomatoes
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- COMBINE all sauce ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- SLICE tomatoes about 3/8-inch thick. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Beat egg white with fork in shallow dish. Place corn meal mix on plate or in separate shallow dish.
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip tomatoes in egg mixture, then in corn meal mix to coat. Add tomato slices to skillet in single layer.
- COOK over medium-high heat until golden brown; turn and cook until browned on other side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining tomato slices, adding butter to skillet as needed. Serve warm with Horseradish Sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 460mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.