- 10 min.
- 25 min.
- 6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched Yellow Corn Meal Mix
- 1 cup Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil, corn meal mix, flour and sugar until smooth. Batter should be creamy and pourable. If too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons more milk. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Martha White Plain Yellow Corn Meal, add 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- For muffins or cornsticks, coat muffin cups or cornstick pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place cornstick pan in oven 7 to 8 minutes or until hot. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 450°F 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins or 16 cornsticks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.