- 10 min.
- 25 min.
- 8 to 10 servings
Easy Golden Cornbread
|Yield||8 to 10 servings|
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched Yellow Corn Meal Mix
- 1 cup Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spoon shortening into 8-inch ovenproof skillet or 8-inch square or round baking pan. Place in oven to heat for about 5 minutes.
- WHISK eggs in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil, corn meal mix, flour and sugar until smooth. Batter should be creamy and pourable. If too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional milk. Carefully tilt skillet to coat bottom with shortening. Pour batter into skillet.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.