- 25 min.
- 25 min.
- 4 servings
Grilled Chicken Skillet Pizza with Corn Meal Crust
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Martha White® Plain Enriched Yellow Corn Meal, plain
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 thin slices red onion, cut in half
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) package cooked grilled chicken strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine broth, seasoning and salt in a 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; gradually stir in corn meal. Add butter, egg and Parmesan and Romano cheese; stir until well blended. Set aside.
- HEAT oil in 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and zucchini; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon into a bowl; set aside.
- COOL skillet slightly. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel; spray bottom only with no-stick cooking spray. Spoon corn meal mixture into skillet. Press evenly with oiled hands into bottom and 1/4-inch up sides to form crust. Spread marinara over crust; top with vegetable mixture, chicken, mushrooms and fontina cheese.
- BAKE 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown along edge. Loosen edges with knife. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 ), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 1110mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g), Protein 23g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.