- 15 min.
- 20 min.
- 6 servings
Harvest Apple Cornbread Panzanella
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 apple chicken sausage links, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Sweet Yellow Honey Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Sweet Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Fuji or Honeycrisp apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cups packed baby kale
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- For sausage: HEAT oven to 425°F. Place 8-inch Lodge® cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Cook sausage in olive oil for 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Make cornbread while sausage is cooking.
- For cornbread: WHISK together cornbread mix, milk, egg, sage and pecans in medium bowl. Remove sausage from pan and drain briefly on paper towels. Set aside and keep warm. Pour cornbread mixture into the hot pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- STIR together apples and lemon juice in large bowl. Add onion, kale, cheese, sausage and cornbread cubes.
- For dressing: WHISK oil with vinegar, cider, salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 370), Total Fat 42g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 800mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 18g), Protein 18g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.