- 20 min.
- 18 min.
- 6 servings
Have-It-Your-Way Taco Pie
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Mexican Style Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- Your choice of toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, sliced olives, sliced avocado
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spray a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray; place in oven to heat.
- COOK and stir ground beef in a separate large skillet over medium high heat until brown and crumbly. Add chili powder and salsa; stir. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- BEAT egg in medium bowl. Add milk and cornbread mix; stir until smooth. Remove skillet from oven; pour cornbread batter into skillet. Spoon ground beef mixture over batter, leaving edges uncovered. (Batter will begin to rise around edge of skillet.)
- BAKE 16 to 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve topped with a choice of toppings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 w light toppings), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 990mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g), Protein 21g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.