- 15 min.
- 1 hr.
- 6 servings
Italian Cheese and Spinach Cornbread Strata
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- HEAT oven to 450º F. Spray 10-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions using 3/4 cup of water. (Cornbread will be thin.) Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove cornbread from skillet; cool and cut into cubes. Spray skillet or shallow 2-quart baking dish generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 350º F. Place cornbread cubes in skillet or baking dish. Mix half of the cheese with the spinach and red peppers, then spread over cornbread cubes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- WHISK together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl until well blended. Pour evenly over ingredients in skillet or baking dish. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 240mg, Sodium 970mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g), Protein 19g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 35%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.