- 20 min.
- 11 min.
- 12 biscuits
Martha White® "Hot Rize" Biscuits
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Add milk, stirring with fork until soft dough forms.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 5 to 6 times, just until smooth. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Arrange on baking sheet with sides touching.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERMILK BISCUITS: Substitute 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk for milk. Add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to flour, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/14), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0.7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.