- 20 min.
- 11 min.
- 14 biscuits
Martha White "Hot Rize" Biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir with fork until soft dough forms and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- KNEAD dough on lightly floured surface just until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place biscuits with sides touching on prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERMILK BISCUITS: Substitute 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk for milk; add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to flour, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/14), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0.7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.