- 12 min.
- 18 min.
- 6 servings
Marvelous Mediterranean Chicken Sausage Cornbread Dinner
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped shallots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (12 oz.) package fully cooked sundried tomato chicken sausage, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (6.5) oz. package Martha White® Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean herb seasoning
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Heat oil in 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook shallots and garlic until shallots are beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add crushed red pepper. Remove sausage mixture from skillet. Wipe skillet with paper towel. Spray with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven to heat.
- STIR together cornbread mix, egg, milk, Romano cheese, pesto and herb seasoning in medium bowl. Pour into hot skillet. Top with sausage mixture, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives and tomatoes.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes. Sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh parsley. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is soft.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 310), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 2090mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 11g), Protein 28g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 50%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.