- 15 min.
- 5 min.
- 10 corn dogs
Old-Fashioned Corn Dogs
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 2/3 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 (1 lb.) package hot dogs
- HEAT 2 to 3 inches oil in large saucepan or deep fat fryer over medium-high heat to 375°F. Combine flour and corn meal mix in medium bowl; mix well. Add milk, 2 tablespoons oil and egg; stir until smooth. Let batter stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- INSERT skewers into hot dogs. Dip each hot dog into batter. Carefully drop corn dogs into hot oil. Cook until golden brown and corn dogs float to surface. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with mustard and ketchup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10 1 corn dog), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 480mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.