- 15 min.
- 45 min.
- 8 servings
Old South Spoon Bread
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs, separated
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat 1 1/2-quart baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Combine corn meal mix, salt and boiling water in large bowl; stir until slightly cooled.
- ADD buttermilk, butter, sugar, baking soda and egg yolks; mix well.
- BEAT egg whites in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold into corn meal mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and set. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.