- 10 min.
- 35 min.
- 8 servings
Poppin' Chicken Pones
- 4 poblano chile peppers
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup cream style corn
- 1 (10 oz.) can tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (6.5 oz.) package Martha White® Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
Spicy Ranch Sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- For pones: HEAT oven to 400°F. Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Arrange on 12 x 15-inch Lodge® cast iron chef platter or in 12-inch Lodge® cast iron skillet. Combine chicken, taco seasoning, green chiles, corn, tomatoes, cheese, egg, milk and cornbread mix in large bowl. Mix well.
- FILL pepper halves with equal portions of chicken mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For sauce: STIR together dressing, hot sauce and lime juice in small bowl. Drizzle sauce over pones.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 990mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 17g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.