- 20 min.
- 25 min.
- 8 servings
Rhonda Vincent's New Classic Caramel Dumplings
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped, sweetened
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Combine 1 tablespoon butter, pecans and coarse salt in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle pecans onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- INCREASE oven temperature to 400ºF. Melt 1/4 cup butter in 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar; cook about 1 minute or until sugar melts, stirring constantly. Stir in water and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer while making dumplings.
- COMBINE flour and sugar in medium bowl; mix well. Stir in 3 tablespoons butter and milk; mix well. Remove skillet from heat. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into brown sugar mixture.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until dumplings are lightly browned. Spoon dumplings into individual dessert dishes. Top with caramel sauce, whipped cream and toasted pecans.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 360mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.