- 15 min.
- 15 min.
- 40 biscuits
Sausage and Cheese Appetizer Biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Cook sausage in large skillet until brown and crumbled. Remove from skillet; drain.
- Combine flour and ground red pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sausage and cheese. Add milk; stir with a fork until moist dough forms.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush hot biscuits with melted butter.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/40 1 appetizer biscuit), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.