- 15 min.
- 40 min.
- 6 to 8 servings
Sausage Cornbread Bake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Buttermilk Corn Meal Mix
- 1 (14.75 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat 10-inch ovenproof skillet or 2-quart baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- BROWN sausage and onion in medium skillet over medium-high heat until meat is thoroughly cooked. Drain. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in corn meal mix, corn, milk and oil until blended. Pour half into prepared pan. Sprinkle with sausage mixture and cheese. Pour remaining batter over top.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 760 (Calories from Fat 480), Total Fat 54g (Saturated Fat 1.6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 1730mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 10g), Protein 27g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.