- 20 min.
- 1 hr. 30 min.
- 10 servings
Savory Apple Cinnamon Bacon Breakfast Cheesecake
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Apple Cinnamon Flavored Muffin Mix
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces (1 cup) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Remove 3 tablespoons muffin mix. Set aside. Combine remaining mix and butter in medium bowl. Mix with fork or fingers until crumbly. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Place on rimmed baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- COOK bacon until crispy, reserving the fat. Cook onion in bacon fat 5 minutes or until soft. Remove onion with a slotted spoon to drain excess fat. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth. Beat in ricotta, cream, salt, pepper and reserved muffin mix at low speed until well blended. Stir in onion and bacon gently with spatula. Pour over cooled crust. Place on rimmed baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F. Do not open oven door. Bake 1 hour longer or until center is set. Cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of cake), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 680mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.