- 20 min.
- 50 min.
- 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/3 cup butter
- 5 large eggs, separated
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Bring milk to a boil in large saucepan. Gradually stir in corn meal mix; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick and pulls away from sides of saucepan. Remove from heat. Add butter, stir until butter is melted; cool.
- BEAT egg yolks in small bowl; stir into cooled cornmeal mixture. Beat egg whites in large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into corn meal mixture. Pour into prepared casserole.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and set. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 160mg, Sodium 440mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.