- 10 min.
- 50 min.
- 8 servings
Summer Biscuit Bread Pudding
- Martha White® "Hot Rize®" Biscuits
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Split each biscuit in half horizontally. Arrange biscuits, split side up, in a circular pattern in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over biscuits. Sprinkle granulated sugar over brown sugar.
- WHISK eggs in large bowl. Stir in half and half, butter and vanilla. Gently ladle over and around biscuits.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with strawberries and whipped cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.