- 20 min.
- 25 min.
- 6 servings
Summer Peach Tart
- 1 1/3 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds fresh ripe, firm peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced 3/4 inch-thick
- 1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 teaspoon cream or milk
- COMBINE flour, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar in bowl of food processor. Pulse to blend. Add butter and pulse until about the size of small peas. Drizzle water over mixture. Pulse 8 to 12 times or until dough forms small clumps. Turn out onto waxed paper. Shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days or freeze up to 1 month).
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Roll dough into 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Place on prepared baking sheet. Combine 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in small bowl. Sprinkle over peaches. Toss to coat.
- ARRANGE peaches in center of dough to within 3 inches of edge. Fold dough over peaches making pleats and leaving about 5-inch opening in center. Pinch pleats and press down to seal. Brush dough with egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set pan on cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If juices leaked onto baking sheet during baking, loosen those areas while tart is warm. For easier clean-up, baking sheet may be covered with foil and sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/617), Calories 26 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 25g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.