- 20 min.
- 17 min.
- 8 servings
Summer Squash and Cornbread Pie
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 pounds yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add summer squash, water, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- MASH squash gently with fork to break up large pieces. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and creamy. Pour into prepared casserole.
- COMBINE cornbread mix and milk in medium bowl; mix well. Stir in cheese. Spoon batter evenly over mixture in casserole.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.