- 10 min.
- 3 min.
- 6 corncakes
Sweet Milk Corn Cakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- BEAT egg in large bowl. Add corn meal mix, sugar and milk; mix well. If batter is too thick, add additional milk.
- HEAT griddle or large skillet to medium heat (350°F). Grease lightly with oil.*
- POUR 1/4 cup batter for each corn cake onto hot griddle. Cook until edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on surface. Turn and cook until golden brown.
- *Griddle is ready when small drops of water sizzle and disappear almost immediately. Corn cakes will stick if griddle is too cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 1 corn cake), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.