- 25 min.
- 28 min.
Tuscan Cornbread Salad
- 1 (6 oz.) ounce Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 pounds fresh ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Shaved Parmesan and toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Place skillet in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot. Combine cornbread mix, grated Parmesan and water in medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into hot skillet. Bake at 450º F. for 10 to 13 minutes or until bottom is dark golden brown. Turn out onto cooling rack; cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º F. With serrated knife, cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes. Place in a 9x13-inch (or larger) pan. Bake at 350º F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, olives and basil in large bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil and vinegar; add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Add cornbread; toss gently. Garnish with shaved Parmesan and pine nutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 780mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 4g), Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 35%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.