- 5 min.
- 15 min.
- 6 servings
Alison Krauss' Winning Cornbread
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 3/4 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix, plus additional for preparing pan
- 1/4 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Grease an 8-inch cast iron skillet with bacon drippings; place in oven to heat.
- COMBINE corn meal mix, flour and sugar in large bowl; mix well. Add buttermilk, oil and egg; blend well. Sprinkle small amount of corn meal into hot skillet. Pour batter over corn meal in hot skillet.
- BAKE 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Vitamin D %, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.