- 25 min.
- 10 min.
- 5 to 6 dozen appetizers
Blue and Cheddar Cheese Straws and Wafers
|Yield||5 to 6 dozen appetizers|
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray a large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cheeses and butter in small bowl; beat with electric mixer until blended. Combine flour, salt and ground red pepper in medium bowl; mix well. Add to cheese mixture; beat in or stir until well blended. If dough is very soft, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- FORM dough into smooth ball. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough until very thin, about 1/8-inch thick. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into 5 x 1/2-inch sticks or cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds with small biscuit cutter. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool at least 15 minutes on wire rack before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/60 1 cheese straw), Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.