- 30 min.
- 80 min.
- 20 Servings
Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 10-inch tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour. Beat brown sugar, sugar, butter, shortening and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- STIR flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl until blended. Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Glaze: MELT butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- REMOVE saucepan from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/20 of cake), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 47g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C %, Vitamin D %, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.