- 10 min.
- 13 min.
- 10 servings
Butter Pecan Drop Shortcake with Fresh Peaches
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted*
- 1/3 cup cold butter, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
FILLING AND TOPPING
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 cups sliced fresh peaches
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, brown sugar and pecans in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until pieces of butter are about the size of small peas.
- BEAT egg in measuring cup; add enough buttermilk to egg to make 1 cup. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- DROP dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
- COMBINE cream and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Split shortcakes, fill and top with peaches and whipped cream.
- *To toast pecans: Place pecans in dry nonstick skillet over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 15g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 10%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.