- 15 min.
- 13 min.
- 40 biscuits
Cheesy Country Ham Biscuit Bites
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked country ham
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour and ground red pepper in large bowl; mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- STIR in ham and cheese. Add milk; stir with fork until soft, moist dough forms. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush hot biscuit bites with melted butter.
- To freeze, bake and cool biscuit bites. Place in freezer bag and freeze. To reheat, remove biscuits from freezer. Do not thaw. Place on cookie sheet and pat or mist a little water on top of each biscuit. Heat for 15 minutes in a preheated 350ºF. oven.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/20 2 biscuits), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.