- 25 min.
- 32 min.
- 6 servings
Chicken and Dressing Skillet Bake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 (6 oz.) packages Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- OR 2 (6 oz.) packages Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Melt butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet; cook onion and celery until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet; place in large bowl.
- POUR oil in same cast iron skillet; place in oven to heat for about 5 minutes. Add cornbread mix, chicken, corn, poultry seasoning, milk and eggs to cooked vegetables in large bowl; blend well.
- POUR cornbread batter into hot cast iron skillet. Bake 29 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 900mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g), Protein 27g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.