- 20 min.
- 17 min.
- 5 servings
Chicken Salsa Cornbread Salad
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Mexican Style Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat 8-inch cast iron skillet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- COMBINE cornbread mix, milk, oil and egg in small bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into hot skillet.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 25 minutes or until completely cooled.
- CUT cornbread into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine cornbread cubes and all remaining salad ingredients in large serving bowl.
- COMBINE sour cream and salsa in small bowl. Mix well. Spoon dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/5), Calories 660 (Calories from Fat 320), Total Fat 36g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 1370mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 13g), Protein 35g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.