- 15 min.
- 3 min.
- 8 pancakes
Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Mixed Berry Sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- COMBINE raspberries and 2 tablespoons water in a small non-aluminum saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until berries soften. Press berry mixture through a sieve; discard seeds.
- COMBINE raspberry puree and 3 tablespoons water, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and strawberries in saucepan; cook over medium heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in blueberries, if desired.
- HEAT griddle or skillet to medium heat (350ºF). Spray lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Combine egg, milk and muffin mix in medium bowl; stir just until large lumps disappear (batter will be thin). For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until pancakes begin to look dry around the edges. Turn, cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve topped with Mixed Berry Sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 2 pancakes), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 38g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.