- 15 min.
- 14 min.
- 8 servings
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 (7.4 oz.) packages Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups sliced strawberries, sweetened to taste
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray a large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Chill beaters from electric mixer and medium mixing bowl for 10 minutes in the freezer. Combine muffin mix and 2/3 cup cream in medium bowl. Stir with a fork until all ingredients are moistened and mixture forms a dough. Press into a ball. Pat into a 7-inch round on lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- BEAT cream and vanilla in chilled bowl, gradually adding powdered sugar on medium speed until cream begins to thicken and stiffen.
- SPLIT shortcakes; fill with strawberries and top with whipped cream and additional strawberries.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 18g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 29g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C 110%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.