- 15 min.
- 15 min.
- 12 servings
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 (7.4 oz.) packages Martha White® Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Powdered sugar
- 6 cups sliced strawberries, sweetened to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped with 1 tablespoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Place muffin mix in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until texture of small peas. Stir in sour cream until combined and mixture forms large lumps.
- PRESS together floured hands. Place on lightly floured surface. Press together and knead 3 to 4 times until smooth ball forms. Pat out to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with round 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place about 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Sift powdered sugar lightly over top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and crackled.
- COOL 2 minutes on pan. Gently remove to cooling rack. When just cool, slice with serrated knife.
- FILL and top shortcakes with strawberries and whipped cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 muffins), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 19g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 80%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.