- 5 min.
- 15 min.
- 4 servings
Classic Corn Meal Fried Catfish
- 5 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- HEAT 3 tablespoons oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Rinse and drain catfish fillets.
- PLACE corn meal mix in shallow pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of catfish fillets. Coat with corn meal mix.
- FRY 2 fillets at a time about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until flaky and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and fry remaining two fillets. Serve with lemon slices.
- Keep fillets warm in 200°F oven until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 32g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.