- 10 min.
- 5 min.
- 4 servings
Corn Meal and Pecan Crusted Fish
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound fresh or frozen fish fillets, thawed and cut into pieces
- HEAT oil to 375°F in deep fryer or deep saucepan. Combine pecans, corn meal mix, pepper, ground red pepper, salt and garlic powder in shallow dish. Combine egg and milk in another shallow dish.
- DIP fillets in egg mixture; then in pecan mixture. Pat to make sure breading sticks. Fry a few pieces at a time in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes depending on size. Drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 510mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 1g), Protein 22g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.